Wyma’s Wet Hopper is a cost effective, multi-purpose, pre-washing system, designed to remove excess mud, dirt and sand from produce without causing damage.
Wyma’s Wet Hopper provides a gentle, pre-washing system to receive produce into washing and packing lines. Our system is comprised of hopper storage, a floor conveyor and discharge elevator, and can also include optional add-ons and/or customized modules for a tailored solution.
Wet Hoppers can receive produce in dirty, clean or semi-clean condition. Using air agitation, fine sand and dirt is removed from the produce. Additional spray bars can be fitted to provide a final rinse.
Suitable for potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, swedes and beetroot (beet).
A Wet Hopper is essential on produce washing lines, given its multi-purpose functionality, versatility and cost-effectiveness. In one stand-alone product, you get:
- A gentle system for receiving produce
- Pre-soak and clay softening, with agitation for pre-cleaning
- Buffer storage
- An even flow rate of produce to a process line
Use with a Tank Destoner to remove clods and stones, or with a Floating Debris Remover for floating waste, leaf and vine removal. Alternatively, use in combination with a Barrel Washer and Water Recycling System for a full wash-line solution.
2-bay, 3-bay, 4-bay, 5-bay, 6-bay, and extra-wide standard models available.
From 1-15 ton capacity
- Durable, robust, stainless steel construction.
- Heavy-duty web belt with rubberized bars. High and low profile web belt options. Double bar cleats. Multiple web chord options.
- Plastic wear strips require zero maintenance runners for web belt.
- Central greasing location with grease lines for hard to reach bearings
- Air agitation for improved dirt removal while maintaining gentle vegetable handling.
- Self-cleaning cycle and internal cleaning bar to rinse dirt from hard to clear areas of tank.
- Easy access for cleaning and maintenance with access hatches and removable floor conveyor and elevator.
- Mounting plates for platforming. Easy to install platforming for equipment viewing and service access.
- Variable speed controllers for elevators, floor conveyor, air agitation blowers, pumps and floating debris removers.
- Pressure sensor for water level management and pump protection.
- Pre-wired, with a fully sealed stainless steel control panel and fully automated easy-to-use touch screen control. Compatible with most control systems. Omron, AB, Siemens, etc.
- Floating Debris Remover to remove floating debris from produce before clogging downstream equipment.*
- Water spray bars to remove remaining soil and floating debris from produce before exiting.*
- Rear and mid jets to push floating debris to Floating Debris Remover and produce to the Elevator.*
- Automatic dump valves for controlled, periodic removal of sand and dirt. Knife and Butterfly Valve options.*
- Remote access (eWon)*.
- Produce sensor to stop infeed flow when tank is full.*