Wyma’s Pumpkin Brusher uses long bristle brushes to wash soil, clods and light scale from pumpkins and squash without skin damage.
Our Pumpkin Brusher is great for cleaning large, near-round produce without fear of damaging produce skin. Using a Pumpkin Brusher reduces manual labour costs and improves the accuracy of grading/sizing equipment.
There are two long rows of brushes (on brush shafts) along the length of the machine. Each brush shaft has its own geared motor so each shaft can be controlled individually. This means brushing action can be set to suit your needs. One brush shaft is higher than the other so pumpkins are in constant contact with the bristles for a gentle and consistent clean.
Machine angle can be adjusted to control the speed that produce moves through the Pumpkin Brusher.
Water spray bars inside the machine rinse produce and also allow chemical applications.
An optional water tank allows waste water to be recycled.
- Quickly removes surface dirt from large near-round produce to improve produce appearance and the accuracy of grading equipment later in the processing line.
- Fully removable side panels to access brush shafts and internal structure for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Spray bars rinse produce as it travels through the machine. Allow chemical application.
- Brush shafts are at different heights so produce stays between the brushes and does not get stuck on the sides. This allows a gentle and consistent clean.
- Water catchment tray collects waste water and allows for water recycling.
- Brush shafts controlled by separate geared motors run brush shafts at different speeds to fully control brushing action.
- Machine can be adjusted (from 0 – 2°) change tilt angle to control the speed that produce moves through the machine.
- Electrical control panel makes installation easy and allows total equipment control.
- Water tank to collect waste water for recirculation* saves water.
- Backing bar* stops smaller produce being pulled through the brushes.