Wyma’s Vege-Peeler peels a variety of vegetables and is available with custom designed brushes or a combination of brushes and carborundum.
Wyma’s Vege-Peeler peels a variety of vegetables. It is available with custom designed brushes or a combination of brushes and carborundum.
Produce enters the drum and is sprayed with fresh and/or recycled water. Drum and brush speed can be adjusted to control peeling action. Outfeed gate position also affects peeling intensity.
An auger drive can be fitted to maintain constant peeling results.
The Wyma Vege-Peeler has achieved yield losses as low as 5% on certain vegetables.
The Vege-Peeler improves the appearance of fresh vegetables, resulting in more premium packed produce and an increased presence on retailers’ shelves. Our experience with rotary brush drum technology and brush specification means vegetables are washed and peeled to the highest retailing standards.
Suitable for carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes (kumara), swede, beetroot (beet) and other vegetables.
- The Vege-Peeler can be used with multiple fresh produce types, shapes and conditions
- Separate variable speed controls for the barrel, the brushes and the auger* rotation to give you the ability to control the peeling intensity
- Auger controlled feed-rate to maintain consistent peeling result*
- Internal cleaning bars to reduce manual cleaning
- Water Recycling Systems to minimise water consumption rates*
- Built strongly to stand the test of time and provide a low total cost of ownership over its lifetime
- Ability to customise the brush and/or carborundum configuration to maximise peeling effectiveness
- Enhanced bearing protection features to maximise the lifespan of your equipment
- Sliding side access doors for quick and easy cleaning and servicing
- Centralised greasing system