Our Evenflow Hopper evenly supplies produce on-demand to the next stage in your line, converting an irregular infeed to a constant outfeed flow.
Wyma’s Evenflow Hopper is a combination conveyor and hopper. It evenly supplies produce to the next piece of equipment in your line (in a continuous process). It converts an irregular infeed supply to a constant outfeed flow. It can also provide buffer storage.
The Evenflow Hopper starts in a raised position with the infeed end of the conveyor bed as high as it can go. When a sensor detects produce on the conveyor, the end of the conveyor lowers, creating a produce storage area. As produce backlog clears, the end of the conveyor lifts back up.
This sensor-controlled system can be set up so produce is only fed to the next piece of equipment as it is needed (on-demand).
There are two motors; one driving the conveyor and one driving the up-and-down movement.
- Large storage capacity (approximately 300 kg – 1000 kg) so that produce can be stored before it is fed to the line.
- Produce depth sensor changes belt speed for smooth produce flow rate.
- Continuous feed sensor* changes belt speed for smooth produce flow rate.
- External covers restrict access to danger areas for safe operation.
- The heavy-duty belt is robust and long lasting.
- Slat bed for low maintenance
- Side skirts* stop dirt getting under the belt.
- Two geared motors separate drives for conveyor and lift action.
- Simple, durable tensioning system means very low maintenance and easy to adjust.
- Variable speed conveyor allows feed rate control for soft start to reduce jolting of parts.
- Adjustable feet for easy, level installation.
- Automatic conversion from hopper to conveyor for flexible application.
- Soft-drop at transition points* to ensure gentle transition to minimise produce damage.