Wyma’s Flume Destoner removes stones from your produce flow to minimise damage to produce and equipment in your processing line.
Our Flume Destoner removes stones and clods from your produce flow to minimise damage to equipment and produce further down your processing line. It uses the different densities of stones and produce to separate them.
Produce and stones enter together and meet a rising column of water. Produce is conveyed gently across the column while stones fall down the stone duct onto an elevator for removal.
- Wide destoning channel with dewatering grill removes stones <150 mm (larger than other models). This also means extra time for stones to fall means better destoning.
- Dewaters produce before next stage in the line*
- Water destoning action – rising column of water ensures excellent stone separation. Gentle on produce; minimal damage.
- Access hatch so that cleaning access is easy.
- Curtain which reduces splashing as produce enters water.