Hydro-Cooler for loose produce
Our Hydro-Coolers quickly reduce the core temperature of fresh produce to extend shelf-life.
Wyma Hydro-Coolers quickly reduce the core temperature of fresh produce, extending shelf-life while preserving flavour and appearance.
Water is sprayed over a heat exchanger which is cooled to several degrees below freezing by refrigerant. As the water passes over the heat exchanger, the water cools to a user-set temperature. Cooled water then floods down onto produce. Water is collected in a tank at the base of the Hydro-Cooler for recycling.
We have two types of Hydro-Cooler that can handle loose produce:
Hydro-Cooler for loose produce: Produce travels by conveyor through the Hydro-Cooler. Produce can be partially or fully submerged in water. An outfeed elevator gently carries produce to the next stage in your line. Suitable for carrots, potatoes, parsnips, etc.
Flow-through Hydro-Cooler for small plastic bins or loose produce: Bins or loose produce travel by conveyor through the Hydro-Cooler. Produce is sprayed with cooled water. This model is commonly used for broccoli, asparagus, cherries, radishes and beetroot (beet).
At Wyma, we have an in-depth understanding of the post-harvest handling and cooling processes. Dwell time, equipment and refrigeration specifications are tailored to meet your needs.
- Quickly reduces core temperature of produce which extends shelf-life and preserves flavor and appearance.
- Produce immersion* improves heat transfer efficiency. A sensor is available to detect water level.
- Variable speed controlled conveyor allows you to control cooling time.
- Stainless steel tank – strong and cleanable.
- Rotary Filter Unit* Provides continuous water filtration to prevent blockages.
- Gooseneck elevator* gently delivers produce to next stage. Extensions available*.
- Drain valves (two) allow the tank to be drained of water. Automatic valves available*.
- Access hatches* for full access for maintenance and cleaning.
- The water spray system cools produce and maintains optimum temperature.
- Integrated coils mean no need for an external heat exchanger.
- The modular belt on the conveyor allows water to fall through to the base of the tank for recycling. Cleanable and serviceable.
- The integrated tank allows semi-immersed cooling.
- Equipment automation with touch – screen smart, easy equipment control.
- Variable speed controlled elevator and pump which allows full equipment control.
- Gravity-aided belt tensioning reduces belt wear.