If you’re motivated by innovative work and continually strive for improvement, Wyma can provide opportunities that will help you realize your potential.
Permanent full-time opportunity based in Christchurch
- Exciting opportunity to join high-performing team
- New Zealand owned
- Global company in capital equipment/machinery sector
- Competitive salary and great team culture
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer with a background in the automated equipment and machinery sector to further their career and work in a high performing team.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Automation Team Leader, the Automation Engineer will work with the Electrical and Automation team to design and test automation/electrical systems and install and commission products both in our workshops and in our client sites internationally.
This is a high volume role for which you’ll need strong self-management and organisation skills.
You will thrive in this role if you are:
- A skilled communicator who can foster collaborative working relationships across the business
- Capable of working independently and managing your own time and work
- Comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment and balancing competing priorities
And if you are experienced and proficient in:
- PLC, HMI, VSD programming, configuration and peer to peer networking
- At least two major automation platforms e.g. Rockwell/Allen Bradley, Siemens, Schneider, Omron, GE
- ePLAN experience preferred but not essential
- The development of in-house standards: FDs and function block
- Motion control, pneumatic and hydraulics would be extremely desirable
This role will be competitively remunerated based on the skills and experience the successful applicant brings to the role.
You will need to have the legal right to work permanently in NZ.
Offers of employment will be conditional on passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.