The Wyma Screen Sizer offers an effective means to size round produce. This system uses a rubber, nylon, plastic or steel wire mesh screen to separate produce into different sizes. If the produce is small enough, it will pass through the screen. Larger produce will progress to the end of the machine. The process can be repeated, and multiple sizing options achieved, simply by adding additional Screen Sizer modules.
Sizing efficiency is further aided by mechanical shakers that gently vibrate the produce on the screen.
Each sizer module is typically used in conjunction with cross conveyors to carry sized produce away for further processing.
- Mechanical shaker to gently vibrate produce on the screen
- Ranges of screen hole size and shape available
- Choice of rubber, nylon, plastic and steel wire mesh available
- Pintle roller fitted at out-feed end to prevent produce from jamming into the screen
- Modules can cater for up to 20 tonnes per hour (approx 44,000 pounds) depending on the produce variety
- Main frame constructed from mild steel, galvanised and painted or stainless steel*
- Cross conveyors available*
The Wyma Screen Sizer is suitable for sizing round produce such as potatoes and onions.