The Wyma Vege-Peeler is a new addition to our extensive product range. It is suitable for peeling carrots, potatoes, beetroot, sweet potatoes (kumara), swede, beetroot (beet), onions and a variety of other vegetables.
The Vege-Peeler can be configured with custom designed brushed or a combination of brushes and carborundum. Produce enter via a large and gentle in-feed transition. Once inside the drum, produce is sprayed with fresh and/or recycled water. Both the speed of the drum (rotating anti-clock wise) and the brushes (rotating clock wise) can be varied to control the intensity and throughput of the peeling action. In order to maintain a consistent peeling result, an auger drive can be fitted inside the drum. This auger, also with adjustable speed, allows fresh produce such as potatoes to have a suitable amount of contact with the brushes for an effective peeling.
The Wyma Vege-Peeler is based on the proven technology of the Wyma Vege-Polisher™ and hence provides an innovative, reliable and low maintenance alternative for peeling of fresh produce.
|Peeling Potatoes (2.7 mb)
|Peeling Carrots (2.1 mb)|
- The Vege-Peeler can be used with multiple fresh produce types, shapes and conditions
- Separate variable speed controls for the barrel, the brushes and the auger* rotation to give you the ability to control the peeling intensity
- Auger controlled feed-rate to maintain consistent result*
- Internal cleaning bars to reduce manual cleaningIntegrated
- Water Recycling Systems to minimise water consumption rates*
- Built strongly to stand the test of time and provide a low total cost of ownership over its lifetime
- Ability to customise the brush and/or carborundum configuration to maximise peeling effectiveness
- Enhanced bearing protection features to maximise the lifespan of your equipment
The Wyma Vege-Peeler is suitable for peeling carrots, potatoes, sweet potato (kumara), swede, beetroot (beet), onions and a variety of other vegetables.
|Models||Approx. capacity * (without auger)||Approx. Capacity * (with auger)||Brush rows|
|WCP2412||4 t/hr (8,818 lb)||1.5 t/hr (3,300 lb)||12|
|WPP3014||6 t/hr (13,228 lb)||2.2 t/hr (4,850 lb)||14|
|WPP3016||7.5 t/hr (16,535 lb)||2.5 t/hr (5,500 lb)||16|
* Depending on soil, product and operating conditions