Wyma Hydro-cooler for Vegetables and Fruit
The Wyma Hydro-cooler is purpose built unit to quickly reduce the core temperature of fresh produce, thus enhancing freshness and extending shelf life. Wyma offers various models to meet capacity requirements and to suit loose produce or crates/bins or produce.
Loose Cooling - suitable for carrots, potatoes, corn, parsnips, beetroot (beet), cherries plus many more.
Crate/Bin Cooling - Suits a variety of vegetables (and some fruits) such as asparagus, broccoli, brassicas plus many more.
Water is sprayed through low pressure, high volume anti-clogging nozzles. These are placed above refrigeration coils to cool the water as it rains down on produce below. Water level within the Hydro-Cooler is fully adjustable and can be regulated to either totally immerse or partially immerse the produce on the belt.
- Produce can be conveyed through the Hydro-Cooler on rollers (in full bins), loose on belts or in boxes
- Rapid cooling of vegetables (and some fruits) significantly enhances freshness
- Integrated refrigeration system customised to suit your requirements
- Durable, robust, low maintenance design
- Variable belt speed to control cooling time
- Inspection hatches to allow easy access for cleaning and maintenance
- Options to either spray, partially immerse or fully immerse vegetables (fruit) to achieve the best results
- Variable temperature control
- Easy access for cleaning and maintenance
- Temperature sensors
- Insulated panels for enhanced thermal efficiency*
- Custom designed rotary self cleaning filter system*
Reducing field temperature from multiple types of vegetables (fruit) to enhance freshness, increase shelf life and ultimately provide better returns to the grower, packer or shipper.
|FHX0005||5 T/hr (11,000 lb/hr)|
|FHX0010||10 T/hr (22,000 lb/hr)|
|FHX0015||15 T/hr (33,000 lb/hr)|
Larger capacity systems are available on application.